Tuesday, July 3, 2012

True Blood S5:E4 recap

Who knew that fairies like to party like Cirque du Soleil and "Moulin Rouge" just got together and had a baby?

"Jason, the vampires killed your parents!" ... "Be quiet, Hadley!" ... BWAH HA HA HA HA!!!

I bet whichever vampire Sookie "finally" ends up with will turn out to be the one who offed her mom and dad, in yet another shocking act of betrayal. Beel or Eric?

Did anyone else think the peeping tom scene with Beel and Eric watching through Sookie's window was kind of hot? I bet they'll interrupt before Alcide can close. Which is a shame, because I thoroughly enjoyed watching the two of them make out on her couch -- thanks, of course, to Sookie's fruit-flavored liquid confidence. One minor criticism though. Must Alcide constantly announce what he's smelling in Sookie's home, at each and every opportunity? Hey Sookie, your kitchen smells like ammonia on top of bleach! Hey Sookie, you smell like mint and peaches! We get it - he's a canine and yes, they're blessed with an extraordinary sense of smell.

I should have been more disturbed by Alcide's caring but major lie to the Pelts, but I understood his reasoning and can see the rough justice of it. Although, come on - even when the body is found, there's simply no way Sookie would ever go to jail. A white woman in the South shooting an armed intruder in her own home? Please.

Vampire Tara is finally growing on me because at long last she is starting to act like her old whip smart self again, instead of a zombie fucktard. Loved the feeding scene with Pam and the blood donor. I also loved the scene where Eric released Pam. She's a maker now. I was so sure Pam wasn't going to rescue Tara from the tanning bed - I guess that maker/progeny connection is strong.

Who killed Sam's attractive shifter friends?

There are traitors in The Authority, and Roman will take them out with his super biblical stake! Gross.

Um, Lafayette's blue brujo alter ego tried to kill Sookie by messing up the brakes in her drivable lemon. Not much seems to be made of it.

Your thoughts?

2 comments:

Lisa @ Lisa Moves said...

I have a couple episodes sitting on the tivo, waiting for time to be watched. Will weigh in later!

mom2boy said...

I'm finally caught up now after last night's episode. I'm looking forward to the rest of the season!