Friday, December 14, 2012
Holiday Card PSA
I thoroughly enjoy sending and receiving holiday cards (and it helps my business). But... oy!
Based on the cards I've received so far this month, I feel the need to post another Holiday Card PSA.
1. People - please, dear God, please have someone proofread what you've written. (Says the blogger who regularly craps all over the rules of grammar.)
2. No, "The Smith's" don't fucking live here. However, "The Smiths" certainly do, and we're so delighted to get your lovely card.
3. It bugs me when the wife who clearly does all the cards her-damn-self puts her husband's name first. I say it again this year: PUT THE WIFE'S NAME FIRST! -- like so:
Betty, Don, Sally, Bobby & Gene
4. I don't care who is in the picture. The recent talk amongst media darlings about whether or not "The Mom Stays in the Picture" is entirely up to every woman to decide for herself. While I make no judgments about such matters, I will share that where my people come from, it's perfectly normal to send cards with pictures of just the kids.
5. Finally, kudos to those marketing wizards are over at Minted. From the look of things in our mailbox, your sales are through the roof! Hats off to you, because we've already received three of your same card. (It's this card, if anyone is curious.)
Your thoughts? Kvetch to me about holiday cards.